Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Pet Portrait- step by step

My workspace

    Here's a few snapshots during the progress of "Sammy and Daisy".  I don't have the best camera, so please bear with me!


.......



The Sketch

Again, sorry for the quality!
I start with a fine linework with a graphite pencil.  This shows me where to dollop on the paint later on.



Blocking


Blocking in of lights, darks, and basic colors.  These are what your eyes see first, and also what defines the image through all the details.  Very akin to a blurry image coming into focus.



Adding Details


Hair sheen, sparkly eyes, highlights, super-darks, teeth, whiskers, tongue folds, and wet noses start emerging here.



And..... Finished!

Done.  Finito. And super-cute =3

Ready to sit on my bookshelf to remind me of my little monsters when I miss them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment