Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ken Bailey stylistic study

I'm feeling a little disconnected from the flow of having your own style, so I've decided to take a stab at other artist's styles: today is something Ken Bailey-esque:


There's this adorable black Chow Chow mix I've had my eye on at the local pound for the last couple weeks. She ties is beautifully with the hokey culinary innuendos, no?

I'm still not sure If I'm gonna get the dog, but the thought of her made for some worthwhile inspiration =) (You can't tell from this picture, but in real life she has a purple tongue almost as dark as her fur!)

4 comments:

  1. Ashley, good luck with whatever decision you decide to make on her. Having a dog is very rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris,
    I ended up adopting her =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley,

    I love the painting. I hope the pup is working out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley,

    What font is that on the Chow? It's great.

    ReplyDelete