Monday, March 22, 2010

San Francisco MUNI sketches


Here are a series of observations I made on a 6 hour tour through the bay area on the metro:


You can tell here that it's been a while since I've taken a stab at life drawing.


Gaining a bit of confidence in this one.


Composing several observations and differentiating faces (The guy reading was taking peeks into a comic book called "Girls Girls Girls" while glancing around to make sure he wasn't watched. He failed to notice me >=))


Getting comfortable with environment/architectural elements.


People doing things and more character in the faces. The shifty-eyed girl in this one was sitting about thirty feet away from me in the next car. I thought she hadn't noticed me, but she walked up to me at the last stop and asked to see my sketchbook. I felt like a kid caught with his hand in a cookie jar, I was so embarrassed!


Here are some sketches while waiting at a clinic in Long Beach, CA. Leg poses, baby faces, heavier details, light shadowing.


Compiled half a page from SF and half a page from LB. I'm particularly pleased with the composition at the top and with the robot concept I started.


Now that I'm back in LA, I need to find some lowcost venues for drawing people and places. It would be nice if the metro system here was an option, but I may have to suffice with a trip to the local mall =P



1 comment:

  1. Excellent sketches, Ash! Definitely put up your creature sketches as well.

    ReplyDelete